Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Seasonal Love

This is one of my older poems that I really enjoyed writing. Hope you enjoy reading it just as much.


From the first meeting it felt like Summer

You were hot like fire

From your body to your mind

I burned with desire

Our chemistry was undeniable

Sparks fly like a July 4th night

And even between the sheets

Making love so sweet

The night and the bed begin to sizzle

As we become hot and bothered

As the sweat endlessly pours

While our bodies lay intertwined


A personality so cool

I call you my Autumn

At first your barriers were high

But as our love grew

You threw your inhibitions

To a late September wind

And let your wall fall

Like the leaves in October

We grew even closer

To form a love like no other


Like many loves there were times

When our love grew cold

Like a Winter night in December

The look in your eyes

An uneasy glare made of ice

Arguments as bitter as a blizzard

Ups and downs of sever pain

Like a frigid snow

Leaving us with the hope

All will blow over

As if it were mid march


When it is all said and done

Our love can be summed up into one

As what we have is Spring

We have our days of rain

Our days of pain out in the cold

Our days of warmth

When our love is ever blossoming

And I get captivated

By your cool disposition

We tend to stay in line

When the weather’s just right

‘Cause you are my seasonal love

My year round love

My day, my night

My twinkle in the moonlight

The one I cherish for every reason

For all seasons


1 comment:

  1. you should find a way to get your work published. you're so talented. the emotion is spilling through the words.

    -Delilah

    ReplyDelete